چون گذشت آن مجلس و خوان کرم ** دست او بگرفت و برد اندر حرم
- When that meeting and bounteous (spiritual) repast was over, he took his hand and conducted him to the harem.
قصهی رنجور و رنجوری بخواند ** بعد از آن در پیش رنجورش نشاند
- He rehearsed the tale of the invalid and her illness, and then seated him beside the sick (girl).
رنگ رو و نبض و قاروره بدید ** هم علاماتش هم اسبابش شنید
- The physician observed the colour of her face, (felt) her pulse, and (inspected) her urine; he heard both the symptoms and the (secondary) causes of her malady.
گفت هر دارو که ایشان کردهاند ** آن عمارت نیست ویران کردهاند
- He said, “None of the remedies which they have applied builds up (health): they (the false physicians) have wrought destruction.
بیخبر بودند از حال درون ** أستعیذ الله مما یفترون 105
- They were ignorant of the inward state. I seek refuge with God from that which they invent.”
دید رنج و کشف شد بر وی نهفت ** لیک پنهان کرد و با سلطان نگفت
- He saw the pain, and the secret became open to him, but he concealed it and did not tell the king.
رنجش از صفرا و از سودا نبود ** بوی هر هیزم پدید آید ز دود
- Her pain was not from yellow or black bile: the smell of every firewood appears from the smoke.
دید از زاریش کو زار دل است ** تن خوش است و او گرفتار دل است
- From her sore grief he perceived that she was heart-sore; well in body, but stricken in heart.
عاشقی پیداست از زاری دل ** نیست بیماری چو بیماری دل
- Being in love is made manifest by soreness of heart: there is no sickness like heartsickness.
علت عاشق ز علتها جداست ** عشق اصطرلاب اسرار خداست 110
- The lover's ailment is separate from all other ailments: love is the astrolabe of the mysteries of God.