نیست مخفی در نماز آن مکرمت ** در گنه خلعت نهد آن مغفرت 4345
- That (Divine) bounty is not mysterious in (the case of) piety; (but) the (Divine) Forgiveness bestows a robe of honour (even) in (the case of) sin.
منکران را قصد اذلال ثقات ** ذل شده عز و ظهور معجزات
- The unbelievers sought to abase those (the prophets) who were worthy of trust: (that) abasement became exaltation and (the cause of) miracles being displayed.
قصدشان ز انکار ذل دین بده ** عین ذل عز رسولان آمده
- In their unbelief they attempted to abase the (true) religion: that very abasement was turned to glory for the prophets.
گر نه انکار آمدی از هر بدی ** معجزه و برهان چرا نازل شدی
- Unless every wicked man had shown unbelief, wherefore should evidentiary miracles have appeared?
خصم منکر تا نشد مصداقخواه ** کی کند قاضی تقاضای گواه
- How should a judge require (a litigant to give) evidence until his disbelieving, opponent has demanded proof of his veracity?
معجزه همچون گواه آمد زکی ** بهر صدق مدعی در بیشکی 4350
- The miracle (performed by a prophet) is like an honest witness to the indubitable veracity of the claimant.
طعن چون میآمد از هر ناشناخت ** معجزه میداد حق و مینواخت
- Since they (the prophets) were being attacked by every ignoramus, God bestowed on them the gift of miracles and showed them favour.
مکر آن فرعون سیصد تو بده ** جمله ذل او و قمع او شده
- The plots of Pharaoh were three-hundredfold: all (of them) became (the means to) his abasement and subjugation.
ساحران آورده حاضر نیک و بد ** تا که جرح معجزهی موسی کند
- He brought magicians, good and bad, into his presence in order that he might invalidate the miracles of Moses,
تا عصا را باطل و رسوا کند ** اعتبارش را ز دلها بر کند
- That he might nullify the rod (of Moses) and put it to shame and remove from (men's) hearts the respect (which they had) for it.